So now youíve met someone you like via LargerDate.co.uk and itís
time to take the next step and meet up in person.
First thing's first Ė your security is paramount and shouldnít be
taken for granted. Always meet in a public place and make sure you tell
someone where youíre going to meet.
Remember, first impressions count so make yours a good one. Here are
a few pointers to help you on your way to romantic success:
- Turn up late. Itís not a good start and youíll only end up
arriving feeling flustered.
- Forget to dress appropriately. Aim for smart casual. Gentlemen,
leave your tracksuits at home and ladies, smart and sassy is great
but donít go for too low cut or too short. Remember, you want to
create the right impression.
- Answer your mobile phone on a first date. Itís rude.
- Monopolise the conversation.
- Expect too much from a first date. There wonít necessarily be
fireworks in the sky as your eyes meet. Some of the best
relationships are slow burners so give yourselves a chance.
- Consider a telephone conversation with your date prior to
meeting. This will help break the ice and make for a more comfortable first date.
- Make an effort with your appearance so your date sees you in the
best possible light.
- Choose to meet somewhere youíll be able to hear what your date
is saying (nightclubs are probably not a good idea!)
- Choose a venue that is neutral to both of you and not somewhere
attached to a story involving your ex or your local pub where you
will end up bumping into several people you know. This will kill the
mood. The date should be about two new people getting to know one
- Have good eye contact and greet your date with an open smile.
This winning combo will calm both your nerves.
- Listen to what your date is saying and give them a chance to
- Ask questions about their interests and find common ground.
- Have an open mind even if at first glance your date is not what
MOST IMPORTANTLY - ENJOY YOURSELF!!